Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply for an award?
* Recognition: The spotlight is not on your company’s success, but rather the success of the individuals who make it tick.
* Celebration: Take the time to reflect on your success and use those insights to achieve even greater things in the future.
* Exposure: The achievements of finalists are showcased to The EMAGES Magazine’s audience and broader Nigerian business community.
As part of the application process, applicants are asked to complete an optional Public Relations questionnaire. To help The EMAGES Magazine generate media exposure on your behalf, please take the time to fill in the form.
How do I apply for an award?
To apply for an award:Check criteria:Check eligibility criteria.
* Register online: Begin application in application awards platform
* Answer questions: Answer questions as outlined above.
* Upload attachments: Upload any supporting documents (optional).
* Submit application: Submit application and pay fee (N200,000).
Who can apply for an award?
To be eligible for an Executive of the Year Award, applicants should:
* Role: Be employed full time in a senior position (full time not applicable to the chairperson award).
* Company: Work for an organization reaching an annual turnover of N5m+ within Nigeria (turnover not applicable to NFP & start-up).
* Availability: Be available to attend the awards from 6pm on Saturday 30 November at Eko Hotels & Suites, Lagos
For category-specific criteria, please refer to the categories page and select ‘Criteria’ to see the details for that award.
How much does it cost to apply for an award?
Applications are N200,000 per person and this covers applications for multiple awards. For instance, applicants for the CEO of the Year and Managing Director of the Year awards are also required to apply for an industry award, the N200,000 is only payable once and will cover both applications.
How long does it take to apply for an award?
While the amount of time spent on an application is up to each individual, we recommend allocating approximately 30 minutes to complete an application based on the following requirements.
Applicants are required to answer four equally-weighted questions that refer to their achievements in the last 12 months. Each question has a maximum answer length of 200 words. There are two general questions and two category specific questions for each award. Applicants can take a look at the questions in advance by visiting the categories page and selecting ‘Criteria’ beside the relevant award.
Do I need to attach supporting documentation?
Supporting documents are not an essential part of the application process. They are optional and can be used to clarify a point or support an answer to a question.
It should be noted that while judges can view the supporting documentation, it does not form part of the assessment.
Do I need to apply for an industry award?
Yes, if you’re applying for the CEO of the Year or Managing Director of the Year award, you’re also required to apply for an industry award.
Note that the application fee is only payable once, and covers both of these applications.
If you’re unsure which industry category is relevant, please contact us and we’ll assist.
If we confirm that there is not a relevant industry award category, you won’t need to apply for an industry award.
Can I submit the same application twice?
Applicants for the CEO of the Year and Managing Director of the Year awards are also required to apply for an industry award. While applicants can copy across the majority of their application, there are category specific questions unique to each award.
Applicants can take a look at the questions in advance by visiting the categories page and selecting ‘Criteria’ beside the relevant award.
Where are the awards held?
The 2019 Executive of the Year Awards will be held at EKO HOTEL & SUITE Lagos.
How do I buy tickets to the awards?
When do applications close?
Applications close 9 am on Friday August 16, 2019. To apply for an award, register and apply via our Awards Portal.
When are finalists announced?
How many finalists are there?
There are 5 finalists for the major award category (CEO of the Year), and four finalists for each of the other 24 award categories.
The finalists are listed in the September issue of The Emages Magazine and on emages.info on Tuesday 1 October 2019.
When are winners announced?
Winners are announced in the September issue of The Emages Magazine and on emages.info, www.executiveawards.com.ng and all our social media platform on Monday 28 October 2019.